Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lessons From a Hairy Carrot



What do you see when you look at this picture? Lunch? Old, hairy carrots? Garbage?

Wanna know what I see? I see potential. I see life. I see something that has been uprooted and intended for destruction. . . . which isn't yet ready to admit defeat.

Regardless of its condition or age. Regardless of how long it has spent in a cold, dark place. Patiently, persistently it has pulled from its reserves of energy, ever waiting to reach a situation more conducive to further growth. Sending out silky root tendrils and pale leafy tops in preparation. Waiting, ever waiting.

That sounds like US at times, doesn't it? I think that's exactly why the carrots struck such a chord within me when I saw them--I had considered them dead, but they were very much alive and ready for action!

May these carrots encourage and remind us that where there is life, there is hope. Hope for growth or regrowth. Hope for achieving our fullest potential. For He's not finished with us yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment