Thursday, March 22, 2012

Do you like peperoncinis? Try this tasty trick!

If you like peperoncinis, you may enjoy a treat I discovered this summer. I call it "peperoncini-pickled green beans." My garden produced only a handful of green beans a week, which wasn't really enough to do anything with. I decided to put some of them in the peperoncini jar and see what happened. After they marinated for a week or so, I tried my first "peperoncini-pickled green bean." It was good! Now I buy frozen green beans and stick them in the empty jars. Not only is it tasty and cost-effective, it reuses the pickling juice.

If you try this and like it, be sure to let me know. I'd love to hear about your experience.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland. My husband will love the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jan :-) Let me know if he likes them. My husband is finicky about texture differences, but some friends enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete