Thursday, August 2, 2012

Write Direction: Blasting Through Uncertainty

Above: Crystal Cathedral and Prayer Spire
Below: Close up of Prayer Spire


What a relief it is to wrap up a pressing project!

At least, until you sit on the other side, with new options and opportunities spread out before you. What do you do? Which opportunity do you pursue?

Instead of inspiring you, the multitude of options stymies you. Overwhelmed, you spin your wheels in uncertainty and indecision. Although there may be time and opportunity, the motivation and direction are absent.

Have you ever faced this problem?

Just as Rome wasn't built in a day--the Crystal Cathedral either, for that matter--our direction and platform don't develop in a day. It is all a process, a glorious process. Laying the foundation requires the most time and provides the least visible results. But once that foundation is laid, the other pieces begin to meld together.

This begins with setting aside time to plan. To answer some questions. Who am I? What makes me tick? What do I want to accomplish? What specific steps must I take to get there? What order do I need to accomplish them in? Who do I need to corroborate with to help me accomplish my goal? What supplies do I need?

Even though we may not see the master plan, the Master Architect knows it by heart. If we take time to confer with Him at each stage of the project, He will provide direction and clarification. And day by day, step by step, an amazing structure will develop.


What about you? How do you find direction when it's time to refocus?

No comments:

Post a Comment